Broad Street Presbyterian Church is a 130-year-old urban congregation located on the near east side of Columbus Ohio. The 800 members come from over forty zip codes in the metro area. The congregation has a strong commitment to mission in its immediate neighborhood, throughout the nation and the world.
The COMPASS Director will provide leadership and oversight of the COMPASS Program. For 36 years, this program has been providing short-term assistance to those in need. A life skills development component was recently added. With an annual program budget of $160,000 and working in collaboration with the Director of Neighborhood Ministries, the COMPASS Committee, church partners and the congregation, the COMPASS Director will shape the vision of this outreach program as an important member of the Neighborhood Ministries team at Broad Street.
Director of Neighborhood Ministries
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Give shape to and guide the development of the COMPASS Program.
• Supervise, develop and retain COMPASS program staff, interns and volunteers.
• Actively engage partnering organizations, and donors.
• Deepen and refine all aspects of communications.
• Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
• Four-year college degree is required.
• Excellent listening & coaching skills.
• High ethical standards, positive attitude, self-directed & mission driven.
• Knowledge of current community challenges & opportunities.
• Leadership & supervisory experience, a plus.
• Experience in setting & achieving strategic objectives including managing a budget.
• Ability to work both independently & in close collaboration with others.
• Some fundraising experience including grant writing, helpful.
• Good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, honoring differences and abilities.
To apply, send your resume to Tracy Ross, firstname.lastname@example.org by July 19, 2018.