Broad Street Presbyterian Church is a 130-year-old urban congregation located on the near east side of Columbus Ohio. The 800 members come from over 40 zip codes in the metro area. The congregation has a strong commitment to mission in its immediate neighborhood, throughout the nation and the world.
Established in 1982, COMPASS (Congregational Outreach Ministries Program of Assistance & Social Service) is a collaboration involving numerous area churches and other community groups. COMPASS provides emergency assistance to prevent homelessness and stall evictions, allowing families to remain in their homes.
The primary responsibility of the COMPASS Engagement and Intake Specialists (E & I Specialist) is to focus on engaging families coming to COMPASS for assistance as well as marketing the services of the Neighborhood Ministries at Broad Street Presbyterian Church. Connect families to resources available through COMPASS and various other programs through a network of partnerships who provide extensive services including rental assistance, utility assistance, behavioral health, medical and dental care, early learning for children, workforce development and other services.
Will work to build a sense of community within COMPASS and Neighborhood Ministries recipients, providing up-to-date resources to address barriers, reduce isolation and increase connection to community resources. In addition, the E & I Specialist functions as the primary point of contact for families seeking assistance from COMPASS.
Robin Green, Director of COMPASS
• Possess strong organizational and time-management skills
• Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to foster a team environment and work collaboratively
• Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships
• Previous experience working with the Ohio Benefit Bank, AEP Neighbor to Neighbor Program, other community support initiatives, a plus.
• Familiarity with poverty issues and knowledge of community resources
• Possess sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population
• Great listening skills, friendly voice and a compassion for serving others
• Ability to collaborate on significant projects
• Strong organizational skills to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrated basic proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Associate’s degree or a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and a minimum of three (3) years of:
• Demonstrated experience in social services intake process including case management
• Demonstrated experience in engaging difficult to reach populations
• Demonstrated experience in relationship building and maintaining
• Demonstrated experience making sound decisions
To apply, email your resume by Friday, January 25, 2019, to email@example.com with a brief cover letter within the body of the email.
20 – 30 hours