Broad Street Presbyterian Church is a 130-year-old urban congregation located on the near east side of Columbus Ohio. The 800 members come from over 40 zip codes in the metro area. The congregation has a strong commitment to mission in its immediate neighborhood, throughout the nation and the world.
Established in 1982, COMPASS (Congregational Outreach Ministries Program of Assistance & Social Service) is a collaboration involving numerous area churches and other community groups. COMPASS provides emergency assistance to prevent homelessness and stall evictions, allowing families to remain in their homes.
The primary responsibility of the COMPASS Engagement and Program (E & P) Specialist is to engage and support families participating in a local outreach ministry. In addition, the E & P Specialist functions as one of the primary point of contact for COMPASS families, guests, volunteers,, and interns. S/he will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times while handling a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Proactively reach out to and follow up with COMPASS Program participants
- Build solid relationships with COMPASS Program participants, community stakeholders, and partners
- Serve as the first point of contact for all program participants, guests and stakeholders
- Provide supervision and support to program volunteers and interns
- Establish and maintain program participants’ files and records
- Monitor general email inbox and answer inquires or route email according to inquiry
- May assist with grant development and grant reporting
Robin Green, Director of COMPASS
- Possess strong organizational and time-management skills
- Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to foster a team environment and work collaboratively
- Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships
- Previous experience working with the Ohio Benefit Bank, AEP Neighbor to Neighbor Program, other community support initiatives, a plus.
- Familiarity with poverty issues and knowledge of community resources
- Possess sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population
- Great listening skills, friendly voice and a compassion for serving others
- Ability to collaborate on significant projects
- Strong organizational skills to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated basic proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Associate’s degree preferred; will consider a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and a minimum of three (3) years of:
- Demonstrated experience in program coordination / program management
- Demonstrated experience in engaging difficult to reach populations
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building and maintaining
- Demonstrated experience making sound decisions
To apply, email your resume by Friday, January 25, 2019, to email@example.com with a brief cover letter within the body of the email.
20 – 30 hours