Broad Street Presbyterian Church is a 130-year-old urban congregation located on the near east side of Columbus Ohio. The 800 members come from over forty zip codes in the metro area. The congregation has a strong commitment to mission in its immediate neighborhood, throughout the nation and the world.
Established in 1982, COMPASS (Congregational Outreach Ministries Program of Assistance & Social Service) is a collaboration involving numerous area churches and other community groups. COMPASS provides emergency assistance to prevent homelessness and stall evictions, allowing families to remain in their homes.
The primary responsibility of the COMPASS Administrative Assistant is to provide program and administrative support for a local outreach ministry. In addition, the Administrative Assistant functions as the Receptionist and primary point of contact for guests, volunteers and interns. S/he will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion and must be able to work under pressure at times while handling a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
• Serve as the first point of contact for all guests and stakeholders
• Provide supervision and support to program volunteers and interns
• Assist with grant development and grant reporting
• Establishes and maintains participant’s files and records
• Monitors general email box and answers inquires or routes email according to inquiry
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Possess strong organizational and time-management skills
• Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to foster a team environment and work collaboratively
• Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships
• Previous experience working with the Ohio Benefit Bank, AEP Neighbor to Neighbor Program, other community support initiatives, a plus.
• Familiarity with poverty issues and knowledge of community resources
• Possess sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population
• Great listening skills, friendly voice and a compassion for serving others
• Ability to collaborate on significant projects
• Strong organizational skills to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrated basic proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Associate’s degree or a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and a minimum of three (3) years of:
• Demonstrated experience in an administrative role in a fast paced community outreach program
• Demonstrated experience making sound decisions
To apply, send your resume by Friday, Nov. 16 to firstname.lastname@example.org.