Who we are
Established in 2000, Broad Street Achievement Programs (BSA) is licensed academic enrichment program providing afterschool services for kindergartners through 12th graders. The program operates Monday through Thursday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm.
Our vision is to ensure that youth in the Broad Street Presbyterian Church (BSPC) community are prepared for high school graduation and successful transition to post-secondary education or the workforce. Our goals are:
- To provide academic support through homework assistance, one-on-one reading and math tutoring, on line learning and engaging hands-on learning experiences
- To create a structured program environment in which participants and volunteers can develop, be healthy, safe, inclusive, and happy
- To provide academic support, individualized homework help and tutoring
- To deliver programming that supports the development of essential life skills (goal setting, self-motivation and time management)
- To promote healthy eating habits through nutrition education and providing nutritious snacks and meal
When a student first enters our program, we conduct a math and reading assessment to determine each student’s academic level. We then tailor an individual academic enrichment plan for each student. We provide homework assistance and one-on-one tutoring to help students reach their academic goals. We also prepare & provide a healthy snack as well as a hot meal through Children’s Hunger Alliance**. In addition to academic enrichment, BSA program offers weekly nutrition education lessons in collaboration with the Broad Street Food Pantry.
From mid-June through mid-August we provide an academically enriched summer program called Camp Discovery. The program consists of daily academic lessons in Reading, Math and Science with an educational, physical fitness and field trip every Friday. Come back to this site for 2018 details!
**The USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer