Global and National Mission
God calls us to care for others: all people. Therefore our faith calls us into action beyond the walls of our congregation. The Global & National Ministries Committee is BSPC’s place to interpret our congregation’s response to God’s call to care for others outside of our congregation and beyond Central Ohio.
Presbyterian Church (USA) Mission Co-workers sponsored by BSPC include:
- Dr. Martha Sommers in Malawi
- Martha is currently on medical leave, receiving treatment in Chicago for a reoccurence of breast cancer. When Martha returns to health and work, she will serve as a family practice physician and lecturer at Nkhoma Hospital. To learn more about Dr. Sommers, visit here.
- Jed and Jenny Koball in Peru
- Jed serves as the facilitator for Presbyterian Hunger Program’s Joining Hands. Jenny is the site coordinator for the Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) program in Peru. To learn more about the Koballs, visit here.
- We also partner to support a Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) each year. In 2018-2019, we are supporting Regina Jones serving in Lima, Peru. To learn more about her experience, see her blog.
Others programs supported by BSPC include:
- Marion Medical Mission
- The Shallow Wells program works with communities in Africa to provide those in extreme poverty with sustainable sources of clean and safe drinking water. To learn more about this program, visit here.
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA)
- PDA is the emergency and refugee program of the Presbyterian Church (USA). PDA enables us to witness to the healing love of Christ through caring for communities adversely affected by crisis and catastrophic event. To learn more or to donate, visit here.