Global and National Mission
God calls us to care for others – all people. Therefore, our faith calls us into action beyond the walls of our congregation. The Global & National Ministries Committee is BSPC’s place to interpret our congregation’s response to God’s call to care for others – outside of our congregation and Central Ohio.
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Mission Co-workers sponsored by BSPC:
- John and Gwenda Fletcher in Congo since 2009
- John works with Christina Medical Institute of the Kasai to maintain a network of CPC’s mission hospitals. Gwenda is an education consultant facilitating with teacher training, administration and community involvement. To learn more about the Fletcher’s visit here.
- Martha Sommers in Malawi
- Martha is now serving as a family practice physician and lecturer at Nkhoma Hospital. To learn more about Dr. Sommers, visit here.
- Jed and Jenny Koball in Peru
- Jed serves as the facilitator for Presbyterian Hunger Program’s Joining Hands. Jenny is the site coordinator for the Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) program in Peru. To learn more about the Koballs visit here.
- We also partner to support a Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) each year. For 2017-2018, we are supporting Alyson Miller serving in Lima, Peru. To learn more about her experience, check out her blog.
Others programs supported by BSPC
- Marion Medical mission
- Shallow Wells program that seeks to work with the communities in Africa to provide those in extreme poverty with a sustainable source of clean and safe drinking water. To learn more about this program visit here.
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA)
- PDA is the emergency and refugee program of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). PDA enables us to witness to the healing love of Christ through caring for communities adversely affected by crisis and catastrophic event. To learn more or to give visit here.