Broad Street Achievement (BSA) school-year program is a Learning Extension Center Partner with Columbus City Schools!
We offer online and in-person programming, see below:
In-Person Learning Extension Center (LEC): beginning September 28, Monday through Friday, 10 am – 1 pm – OR – 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Location: Shiloh Baptist Church. 720 Mt. Vernon Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43203. Select here to register for enrollment.
Virtual Afterschool Extended Individualized and Group Learning: beginning September 14. Monday through Friday, 3:00 pm—6:00 pm. Select here to register for enrollment.
Virtual Academic Individualized Coaching: beginning September 28, Monday through Friday, (by request/appointment only) 10:00 am—4:00 pm. To make an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text date and time requested for coaching to 614-401-6418. Select here to register for enrollment.
INSTRUCTIONS TO JOIN US VIA ZOOM: Demo
- Join using this link>>>> BSA Zoom School Year Youth Development Online Program. [NOT ACTIVE UNTIL 9/14/2020]
- Select all the dates/times listed in the registration, even if the time of day is not the time of day you plan to join us.
- After you register, you will receive an email with the link to join.
- The email Subject line will read “BSA 2020-21 School Year” Confirmation.
- Inside the email will be the complete list of dates you chose and…
- A link that reads “Click Here to Join”. That link is exclusive to you. Do not share your link with anyone else.
- Everyday after registering, to avoid having to re-register, always use the link that reads “Click Here to Join” found in your confirmation email.
- Read our Zoom Room Etiquette and Zoom Room Rules documents.
- Location via Zoom.
Who we are
Established in 2000, licensed in the State of Ohio, Broad Street Achievement (BSA) programs provide out-of-school academic enrichment services for K-8 youth (ages 5-13) and their families. In addition, our program director sponsors internships for high school students (ages 14 and up).
Broad Street Achievement Programs provides free academic and healthy living development programming for families with youth ages 5-13 (grade levels K-8). These opportunities provide youth a safe and appropriate space for academic learning, one-to-one schoolwork coaching, and afterschool extended learning time. Our current program services are as follows:
BSA will help prepare youth in the Broad Street Presbyterian Church community for high school graduation, successful transition to post-secondary education, and the workforce.
Our Mission is to create a structured program environment in which participants can develop as inclusive, healthy, safe, and happy citizens.
Our Goal is to deliver quality programming that supports the development of essential life skills (academic achievement, healthy living, and career achievement).
Our Primary Objectives are to:
- Academic Assessment: Through personalized pre-, interim-, and post-assessments, develop academic enrichment plans in support of 100% of our program youth’s academic skills improvement.
- Academic Enrichment: Through homework assistance, reading and math tutoring, hands-on and on line learning experiences, provide 100% academic achievement support to youth and families.
- Healthy Living Promotion: Through nutrition education, recreational physical fitness, and the provision of nutritious meals, support 100% promotion of our youth and families’ health and wellness habits.
- Social Learning: Through our character building, inter-generational service, and artwork projects, provide 100% social emotional support for our youth.
- Coaching: Match 100% of our youth with individually assigned coaches who will facilitate each youth’s successful achievement in our programs.
- Resources: We partner with our other outreach programs. Other programs include Food Pantry, COMPASS, Legal Clinic, and Minor Home Repairs. Select here to learn more about those services.