Global and National Mission
God calls us to care for others: all people. Therefore our faith calls us into action beyond the walls of our congregation. The Global & National Ministries Committee is BSPC’s place to interpret our congregation’s response to God’s call to care for others outside of our congregation and beyond Central Ohio.
Presbyterian Church (USA) Mission Co-workers sponsored by BSPC include:
- Jed and Jenny Koball in Peru
- Jed serves as the facilitator for Presbyterian Hunger Program’s Joining Hands. Jenny is the site coordinator for the Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) program in Peru. To learn more about the Koballs, visit here.
- Christi and Jeff Boyd in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Christi serves as facilitator for women and children’s interests. Jeff is regional liaison for Central Africa. They have been in Africa since the 1990s, doing strong work in social justice including education, women, children’s and widow’s rights, camp, healing for victims of traumatic experiences, and more. To learn more about the Boyds, visit here.
- Mark Adams and Miriam Maldonado Escobar at the Mexico-U.S. Border
- Mark and Miriam have served on the border since 1998 with Frontera de Cristo. They work with many partnering organizations to help build relationships across the border, involving refugees, immigrants, issues of migration, border community gardens, nutrition and health, mission education, counseling, and more. To learn more about Mark and Miriam, visit here.
- We also partner to support a Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) each year. In 2019-2020, we are supporting Juliana Bernier serving in Peru.
Others programs supported by BSPC include:
- Marion Medical Mission
- The Shallow Wells program works with communities in Africa to provide those in extreme poverty with sustainable sources of clean and safe drinking water. To learn more about this program, visit here.
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA)
- PDA is the emergency and refugee program of the Presbyterian Church (USA). PDA enables us to witness to the healing love of Christ through caring for communities adversely affected by crisis and catastrophic event. To learn more or to donate, visit here.