COMPASS does not have any in person-hours. Because of COVID-19 we are processing all applications online.
Who We Are
COMPASS (Congregational Outreach Ministries Program of Assistance & Social Service) is a collaboration involving numerous area churches and other community groups. COMPASS provides services to prevent homelessness and stall evictions, allowing families to remain in their homes. We also refer individuals and families to other agencies within the community. COMPASS does not provide assistance for utility bills in default with the gas or electric company or for tenants scheduled to be evicted within the next 2 business days. Please note there is no guarantee of assistance. COMPASS is a site for Neighbor to Neighbor applications for AEP customers only.
Qualifications For Assistance
If you meet all of the qualifications below, please fill out the online form below.
- You must be employed (full-time, part-time or temporary)
- You must have a late notice, BUT THE UTILITY CANNOT already be disconnected (no reconnects) OR you CANNOT BE EVICTED ALREADY
- Disconnect or eviction cannot be scheduled for within the next 2 business days
- You must NOT be in default of any kind and must have made a payment within the last 90 days Your monthly PIPP payment must be more than $50
- Your monthly rent payment must be more than $100
- You must have a documented reason for falling behind in the payment
Volunteers are critical to our success. If you would like to volunteer at COMPASS or a high school student looking to earn service hours for graduation, please contact the COMPASS Office.